Last updated: September 13, 2022
Protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of Personal Information (as defined below) is a standard by which Electricity Human Resources Canada (“EHRC”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) conducts its business. The collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information (as defined below) is fundamental to many of our project areas and day-to-day administrative activities. We strive to provide high quality services and deliverables with the utmost professionalism. This includes respecting privacy and treating all stakeholders fairly.
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” includes any information about an identifiable individual.
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us, including your name, phone number, email address, age, employment information, educational background, demographic information and residency status.
- Information provided by your employer: We collect information your employer may provide to us, including your pay stub and other employment information.
If you are accessing the EHRC Platform and Services on behalf of an organization, the Personal Information we may collect or obtain includes, but may not be limited to:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us, including your name, job title, organization name, email address and phone number.
2. Why does EHRC Collect and Use Personal Information?
EHRC provides services and information to a wide range of individuals. In doing so, we may need to collect Personal Information for various reasons, including without limitation:
- to provide you with access to our Platform and our Services, including applying for funding, determining eligibility for funding programs, checking placement status, managing placements, submitting claims and verifying the status of any placements;
- to provide reporting to the Government of Canada;
- to customize your use of our Platform and Services;
- to validate your role within an organization and eligibility to use and access the Platform and Services;
- to provide you and the EHRC Licensee, as applicable, with support and maintenance services; and
- to understand your needs and to respond to your requests.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer, and store any data about individuals in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine Personal Information with other information collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We may share anonymized data with third parties including, without limitation, potential licensees and employers for business development purposes and use such anonymized data for purposes including heat map analysis, traffic analysis, site search analytics, email marketing segmentation analysis and A/B testing.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways with consent or as permitted by applicable law. By using the Platform and/or the Services, you agree that we are hereby licensed to collect, use, share, and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the Platform or your use of the Services for benchmarking, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning, and other business purposes.
3. How Do We Share Personal Information?
There are some circumstances where we may share your personal information with a third party. For example:
- We may share Personal Information with our affiliates or any business partners or agents acting on our behalf or with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us.
- Subject to applicable regulations, we may disclose your personal information to a government agency, court, or law enforcement personnel, including the Government of Canada for the purposes of reporting required relating to funding programs.
- When we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, subpoena, warrant or other court order requires it or authorizes us to do so or to respond to an emergency situation.
- We may share, disclose or transfer Personal Information to a buyer, investor, new affiliate, or other successor in the event EHRC or any affiliate, portion, group or business unit thereof, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, liquidation or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale or other transfer of all or a portion of any assets of EHRC or any affiliates or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., negotiations and due diligence).
If you are an individual accessing the Platform and Services on your own behalf, we may also share your Personal Information (such as name, email, phone and salary) with your employer (including employer representatives) for payment and identity verification purposes in relation to your employer’s funding application. Please note that we do not share demographic information provided by you with your employer.
If you are an individual accessing the Platform and Services on behalf of an employer organization, we may share your contact information with your participating employees who have created an account on the Platform.
4. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our Platform:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Request that we delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
In some limited circumstances, a request for access to information may be legally denied by the EHRC as provided under applicable laws (e.g., where the disclosure of an individual’s Personal Information would reveal the Personal Information of a third party).
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. If you refuse to provide us with the information we require or later contact us to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Services. For instance, withdrawing your consent may result in a suspension or termination of your wage subsidy agreement with us as we would be limited in retaining and reporting your information to the Government of Canada.
In the event you are accessing the White-Label Platform through your relationship with an EHRC Licensee, you agree and acknowledge that we may not have the authority to honour your request under this Section without prior written approval of the applicable EHRC Licensee.
5. Third Party Platforms and Personal Information
6. Retention of Personal Information
7. Accuracy of Personal Information
EHRC will endeavor to, but is not obligated, to ensure that all Personal Information it collects through the EHRC Platform is accurate, complete and up to date. It is your responsibility to inform EHRC or the applicable EHRC Licensee immediately of any change of name, address or other Personal Information.
8. Security of Personal Information
EHRC aims to protect any Personal Information we have in our possession by implementing commercially reasonable security safeguards, both electronic and physical, designed to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
In addition, EHRC ensures that its employees understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of Personal Information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not warrant or represent that personal information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alterations by third parties.
9. Contacting the Privacy Officer
The Privacy Officer
Electricity Human Resources Canada
2197 Riverside Dr., Suite 301
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X3